Using Acting Techniques to Make you an Effective Public Speaker and Facilitator
We all know the type. There is a subject matter expert who is brought in to share their knowledge and insight. However, being a subject matter expert does not make them necessarily interesting. In fact they are so boring and focused on the content that everybody is either bored or disengaged.
Beyond facilitation technology, this course incorporates the basics of facilitation with skills and tools that are used by actors and improvisers to help them to take control of their space and be in the ‘here and now’ that is essential to engaging their participants. This workshop is designed to help you become an excellent facilitator who not only engages their participants to learn but inspires them as well.
After this course you will be able to:
- Apply acting and breathing techniques to be able to stand in front of a group, say nothing and still be engaging
- Use improvisational skills for active listening and ‘being in the now’
- Engage the audience through the use of stories
- Apply emotion to engage your participants
- Implement techniques to encourage participants to stay connected to both you and the content you are presenting